Friday, October 15, 2010

Life Drawing minus the drawing..

So the news about life drawing is . . . there is no news!!  Tuesday was too hot for a model so we did a lecture on the butt muscles.  Aren't the multicolored chalks beautiful??  I just love how all the vivid muscles look together.  Even Alisha couldn't help but show her love.



After that we were released for the day which was wonderful because the weather lately has been amazing. 70s in OCTOBER!?!?  I wore a dress yesterday, A DRESS!! You would think it was Labor Day weekend.  

Well, Thursday class rolled around and class was cancelled because our professor was sick!  I really hope she didn't catch that nasty flu that is floating around.  With any luck she will feel better soon, but having a suddenly free three hours was the best possible end to the week!!  Grabbed some stir fry at the Terrace and helped my roommate hide the cat at a friend's while our apartment had some tours go through.  See, we are allowed to have pets but it is $25 a month.  Now this seems kinda steep to me.  This apartment has had pets in it before so we are not lowering its value AND it would seem that a security deposit (ensuring that the cat doesn't piss all over and ruin the carpeting) would suffice.  $300 a year in their pocket doesn't seem fair.  I tried talking reason to the owners, but they didn't want to discuss the matter.  So what would a responsible adult do?  Have a cat in secret OF COURSE!!  Though, to be fair, she is not our cat, we are cat sitting, but we have a had her for about 5 months so it is a fuzzy line we are walking . . . . but look how CUTE she is!!

ANYWAY, back to Life Drawing.  Contour shell drawing due Tuesday (which I am sure I will post in the near future) and there are more muscles to build on our manikin.  (He's getting a butt!!)  Here is an example of a manikin our prof keeps in the classroom and it is AMAZING!!  I would show you mine, but I don't think I will on this post - I don't think I could handle the shame. Maybe in a couple weeks ;)


4 comments:

  1. I love that you took pictures of the chalkboard. I find it very helpful when she breaks down the form into color-coded sections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed class on Thursday, good to know it was cancelled :] Glad this week was easy, didn't have the motivation, and don't worry i think everyone is having some trouble with the muscles :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    I just had to write and tell you that I love the picture of the chalkboard as well. Not to mention the ever so lucky black cat. I used to have one that looked exactly like this, named bishop. I seriously kept him for luck... I know ironic. Anyway, I also love your attention to proportions, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, I know people have already told you, but we can all understand the importance of the chalk board! Haha, and the way it looks like a mad scientist just got done figuring out something important. hahah plus, I was fun for me to notice that you snapped a picture of me adding my doodles onto the board =D

    ReplyDelete