Sunday, November 21, 2010

Water + Oil = Me + Ink

I have done little work with ink and on the rare occasions that we have interacted we have not been huge fans of one another . . . to put it nicely.  In all honesty, I strongly dislike this medium so you can imagine my dismay when I first learned that our final project would be done in India and colored ink.  I think it is the unpredictable nature of ink . . . that and the almost complete inability to fine tune it once it is down.  The ink is not meant to be refined or delicate in these drawings.  But sadly those are two things that I am rather fanatical about.

So basically, this just means that I am going to need to let that go.  UGH, ink just goes EVERYWHERE!! There is no controlling it.  It always bleeds into itself when you don't want it to.  And I am far too impatient for this medium.  I want it to dry instantly, but it doesn't and I know that, yet I seem surprised every time the black shadow crazes across the light blue highlight.

I need to practice for this.  Probably a lot.  I dislike practicing too.  Why am I so whiny this week?  My frustration is being released through a bitchy disposition. :)  I suppose this ink is only fair.  I have not had that much trouble drawing bodies up to this point so it is only practical that I am met with a challenge that makes me despair.  If the "Life" wasn't the difficulty than the "Drawing" will be.

1 comment:

  1. Your post makes it seem like you aren't too keen on this drawing but I actually really like it. The application of ink on your shell gives it a soft look that i find interesting. I also like the way the black ink runs through and mixes with the blue ink. Another point of interest for me is that it looks like you used more ink on the background than on the shell.

    ReplyDelete